Ballina Medical Centre – Excellence in Community Medicine
Chronic Disease Management Programme
Ballina Medical Centre is participating in the Chronic Disease Management (CDM) programme.
This is for patients with a diagnosis of:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
It is a patient-centred programme involving visits with our practice nurses and doctors to optimise your health and wellbeing.
This programme is fully funded by the HSE for patients with a medical card/ doctor visit card. An equivalent programme is provided for our private patients.
Benefits of the CDM programme:
- Two structured appointments to review your chronic disease and medications per year
- Individual care plan developed with your GP and practice nurse
- Education and support to aid self-management for the illness
- Opportunity to assess for complications of the illness at an early stage
- Community care for your illness rather than hospital-based appointments