Ballina Medical Centre – Excellence in Community Medicine
Flu Vaccination 2022
The at-risk groups are as follows.
- A child aged 2 to 12 (inclusive);
- 65 years of age and over.
- Long-term medical conditions – for example, a heart, lung, kidney or neurological disease or cancer.
- Weekened Immunity – for example, if you have diabetes or you’re having chemotherapy
- Live in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
- obesity (BMI) of over 40.
- A child with a moderate to severe neurodevelopmental disorder such as cerebral palsy
- Born with Down syndrome.
In addition, the following groups are covered:
- Individuals who work in healthcare
- Individuals who are a carer or live with someone who is at risk of flu
- Individuals who are in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl
The Medical Team are available for consultation by appointment
Please call 096 80600 to make a surgery appointment.
Our administration team are available from 9am- 12.00pm and 2pm to 5pm.
When booking an appointment, please let us know if you need a non-standard appointment, as these often require extra time.
Book Your Flu Vaccine 2022
We strongly advise all eligible adult and child groups to avail of the flu vaccine this year.
All patients in the at risk and recommended age groups can get the flu vaccine free of charge.
Who is entitled to the flu vaccine free of charge?
All patients in the at-risk category are entitled to the vaccine. this covers both GMS and Private patients.
We are running dedicated flu vaccine clinics this winter.
Please call the practice to arrange your vaccination appointment – HSE stocks of vaccine are been rationed – please be patient with us while we are awaiting vaccine delivery.