Ballina Medical Centre – Excellence in Community Medicine
Specialty of Women's Health
The Specialty of Women’s Health is a broad area which spans teenage years to old age.
We have 2 female doctors with extensive experience in women’s health.
The most commonly provided services include:
- Cervical Screening
- Cervical Cancer Vaccine
- Breast Check
- Sexual Health
- Ante and Postnatal care
- Unplanned Pregnancy
- Fertility Problems
- Well Woman Medical
Well Woman Medical
This is a dedicated medical which involves attending the Practice Nurse for a detailed questionnaire, blood tests and Heart Tracing (ECG) .
A second appointment is then made with the Doctor to:
1. Review the issues that arise in the Medical
2. Address any other medical issues of concern to the lady
3. Review the results of tests done
4. Perform the smear test if due
5. Breast examination
6. General Physical Examination .
This is a comprehensive, popular medical which allows ladies to address their general health in a structured and detailed manner.
The Medical Team are available for consultation by appointment
Please call 096 80600 to make a surgery appointment.
Our administration team are available from 9am- 12.00pm and 2pm to 5pm.
When booking an appointment, please let us know if you need a non-standard appointment, as these often require extra time.
- General physical exam (BMI check, height weight, girth etc.)
- Family and medical history
- Lifestyle assessment
- Cholesterol blood test (if applicable)
- Urine analysis
- Full blood profile
- Breast Screening
- Cervical cancer Screening (where necessary)
- Cardiovascular system examination
- Respiratory system examination
- Musculoskeletal system examination
- Neurological system examination
- Skin examination (moles, freckles etc.)